Arizona Medicare Advantage Plans for 2014
Medicare Advantage health plans provide different ways to get your health care coverage in the Medicare program. The Medicare Advantage health plan that you choose affects many things like cost, benefits, doctor choice, convenience, and quality.
To join a Medicare Advantage Plan, you must have Medicare Part A and Part B. You will have to pay the monthly Medicare Part B premium of $104.90 in 2014 to Medicare. In addition, you might have to pay a monthly premium to your Medicare Advantage Plan for the extra benefits that they offer. Your costs may be different depending on your Part B premium, any Part D penalty that may apply, and whether you qualify for Extra Help from Medicare paying your drug costs.
Medicare Advantage Plans (PPO & HMO) are available in many parts of the State. These are the Medicare HMO and PPO Plans which have co-payments for Doctors office visits and Hospitals. Unless you are in Final Stage Renal Failure, these plans are "Guaranteed Issue". We like to remind people that these are "managed care plans", and that Medicare is no longer your primary insurance, the HMO is. So if you do not follow the rules of the plan - you do not have coverage.
Plans & Rates are available for January 1, 2014 effective dates... Click here for important information.
*Certain Zip Codes
Some companies offer their coverage within certain zip codes in some counties. Below is a list:
- Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx® Standard: Available in 85117, 85118, 85119, 85120, 85178, 85140 and 85143 for Pinal County
- Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx® Premium: Available in 85117, 85118, 85119, 85120, 85178, 85140 and 85143 for Pinal County
- Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx® Diabetes Heart: Available in 85117, 85118, 85119, 85120, 85178, 85140 and 85143 for Pinal County
- Humana Gold Plus (030): Available in 85117, 85118, 85119, 85120, 85140, 85142, 85143, 85178, 85217, 85218, 85219, 85220, 85240, 85243, 85278 for Pinal County
- Humana Gold Plus (032): Available in 85220, 85217, 85219, 85218, 85278, 85240, 85243, 85120, 85117, 85118, 85119, 85140, 85143, 85178, 85142 for Pinal County
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareComplete® Plus: Available in 85739 for Pinal County
What is Creditable Coverage?
Medicare beneficiaries will have the opportunity to receive subsidized prescription drug coverage through the new Medicare Part D program. Beneficiaries who choose not to sign up at the first opportunity may have to pay more if they wait to enter the program later after the open enrollment period. [more information] For information on this type of plan, or to see what might be available in your area, please call 800.884.2343 / 541.434.9613, send us an email for information, or complete this contact form. This may not a complete listing of plans available in your service area. For a complete listing please contact 1-800-MEDICARE or consult www.medicare.gov